We'll have some great entertainment for you in Saturday's Valley Voice. In addition to an arson fire this week, the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a fireball seen at a local tavern. It turned out that someone had tried to clean up a gasoline spill by lighting it on fire, with predictable bad results. Luckily no one was hurt.
Reporter Lisa Leinberger stopped by Otis Orchards Elementary recently to see how the latest Valley Meals on Wheels site is doing. It's the first one in a school. I also have a report on the all day winter retreat with the Spokane Valley City Council. They discussed a wide variety of topics, including economic development, finances and street maintenance.