ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here

Spokane Valley blog

Family loses home to arson

A family returned from camping Sunday night to a rude shock. Their rental home had burned in a fire that fire investigators believe was arson. The Spokane Valley Fire Department was called to the 4400 block of East 15th at 3 a.m. Sunday morning. When firefighters arrived they saw fire and heavy smoke coming from the front of the house, said assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford. The fire had apparently burned inside for some time before it was noticed since no one was home.

Neighbors reported seeing a dark colored car drive away with its lights off, said Clifford. The department's arson dog, Mako, was brought in to sniff for accelerants. “He found several spots inside the home,” Clifford said. Anyone with information on the arson is asked to call Crime Check at 456-2233.

The damage to the home is estimated to be at least $100,000. The home was insured, but the family of two adults and three children who were renting the house did not have renters insurance.  


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Spokane Valley blog

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

Welcome to the Spokane Valley blog. Here we cover news, events and information from the greater Spokane Valley area, including Millwood, Otis Orchards, Liberty Lake, Newman Lake, Rockford and Fairfield.

Stop by often to find stories, information on events received too late to print in the Valley Voice and breaking news.

Follow Pia on Twitter

Send Pia an email

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Spokane Valley blog.

Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here