ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here

Spokane Valley blog

2-alarm fire ruled accidental

Yesterday's 2-alarm fire at Industrial Systems and Fabrication (5217 E. Broadway) was accidentally caused, according to a press release from Spokane Valley Fire Department Fire Marshal Kevin Miller. The business does metal fabrication and was doing grinding yesterday afternoon that caused sparks to smolder for hours before igniting the fire. The fire began about two hours after employees left for the day, Miller said. The estimated damage is at least $150,000. Photo courtesy the Spokane Valley Fire Department.


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Spokane Valley blog

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

Welcome to the Spokane Valley blog. Here we cover news, events and information from the greater Spokane Valley area, including Millwood, Otis Orchards, Liberty Lake, Newman Lake, Rockford and Fairfield.

Stop by often to find stories, information on events received too late to print in the Valley Voice and breaking news.

Follow Nina on Twitter

Send Nina an email

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Spokane Valley blog.

Contributors

Nina Culver Nina Culver covers city of Spokane Valley, Spokane Valley Fire Department, Newman Lake Fire and Rescue, Spokane County Fire District 8, Liberty Lake Police Department and the small towns of Fairfield and Rockford.

Recent work by Nina

Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here