ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here

Spokane Valley blog

Posts tagged: Lily

Garage fire caused by gas fumes igniting

A Spokane Valley man learned the hard way this afternoon that gasoline fumes and open flames don’t mix. The man was apparently working on his snowmobile when gas fumes ignited and his garage burned, according to a press release from assistant fire marshal Bill Clifford of Spokane Valley Fire

Seven fire trucks responded to the location at 3102 N. Lily Road just after noon. When firefighters arrived the garage was aflame and a neighbor’s garage was also beginning to burn. No one was injured in the fire. The garage and its contents were a total loss. The neighbor’s garage sustained $1,000 in damage. The photo is courtesy of Spokane Valley Fire.

Garage fire

Spokane Valley Fire units are heading to a fully involved garage fire on Lily Road north of Woodard Elementary. On the scanner it sounds like some fire engines were delayed for several minutes because of a train. “We’re all stacked up on Park waiting for this train,” one firefighter said.

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

Welcome to the Spokane Valley blog. Here we cover news, events and information from the greater Spokane Valley area, including Millwood, Otis Orchards, Liberty Lake, Newman Lake, Rockford and Fairfield.

Stop by often to find stories, information on events received too late to print in the Valley Voice and breaking news.

Follow Nina on Twitter

Send Nina an email

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Spokane Valley blog.

Contributors

Nina Culver Nina Culver covers city of Spokane Valley, Spokane Valley Fire Department, Newman Lake Fire and Rescue, Spokane County Fire District 8, Liberty Lake Police Department and the small towns of Fairfield and Rockford.

Recent work by Nina

Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here