Before we get into tonight's game, this news out of Minneapolis. Former Gonzaga coach Dan Monson resigned as head coach of the University of Minnesota today. We will have more on this as the night goes on.
UPDATE: Here's a Fox Sports commentary on Monson leaving Minnesota. The thrust: He was out sooner or later, so the Gophers did the right thing moving now.
Back in Spokane, there is a lot on the line for the Zags in their home game tonight (5; KHQ; 1510-AM):
• A 43-game home winning streak, the nation's longest active streak;
• Thirty-one consecutive wins at McCarthey Athletic Center in 31 tries;
• Wins in their last 49 games in Spokane;
• A 6-1 record and a national ranking as high as 21st.
The loss to Butler in the NIT finals snapped another streak for GU: 21 consecutive regular season games.
Some notes on Portland State (4-2) of the Big Sky Conference:
• The Vikings are led by Scott Morrison's 14.5 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
• They are 1-0 against the West Coast Conference, having defeated the University of Portland 69-53 Monday.
• They are 1-1 against the Pac-10 after being blown out at Oregon, 116-69, before winning at Arizona State, 71-67.
Make sure you click in after the game for the story on our Sports website (a link will appear here) and post-game commentary.