No game yesterday – a travel day – and probably no game today – see the post below – and, if the M’s do play, probably no Yuniesky Betancourt today either – see this story.
But there are stories worth reading.
Today’s hot (or, if it is coming from Cleveland, cold) list …
• No matter who you are (OK, maybe not Rene Rivera) you have to root for Jamie Burke. The M’s 35-year-old backup catcher may be the happiest guy in the Seattle dugout.
• On the other side of the coin, Ben Broussard is still adjusting to his backup role.
• According to this P-I story, the weather isn’t the only thing cold in Cleveland.
• If the M’s do play today, Horacio Ramirez will be on the mound. But he won’t be alone. There will be a lot of baggage along.
• A Brandon Morrow piece from the Bay Area.
• The News Tribune has a feature on the Weaver brothers. You may be like me, not too interested because there has been so much written about them.
And our question for the day …
• When is it too cold to play baseball? Does it have to be snowing? Or is it when you can’t feel your fingers? Baseball players in the Inland Northwest should be able to answer this question with some authority.