The M's have been playing .667 baseball since the season began (and if you win two-third of your games, you will win a lot of pennants), though a 2-1 record after the first week isn't anything to get excited about.
They are in second place though. Snowed into second place.
Now they head to Boston for this morning's game (10; 700-AM) that is threatened by rain.
"We’ll be ready," infielder Adrian Beltre told the News Tribune. "Nobody wanted these days off. In fact, it was more tiring waiting in hotel rooms to see if we’d play than actually playing."
Whether they will get to play is to be determined.
Today's hot list …
• The weather was also a topic in the P-I.
• One guy who has faced Matsuzaka before is Ichiro.
• When Bill Bavasi brought in Arthur Rhodes, he hoped the 37-year-old Rhodes would fill the role of left-handed setup man. So far, not. Rhodes is on the disabled list with arm problems.
• Former M's star Jay Buhner has become a minor league owner.
• And our question for the day …
• When – or if – Arthur Rhodes gets healthy, will he be the left-handed setup guy the M's need?