Being that it's Sunday, and being that Saturday night's game was a lot like the last four and last year and the year before that and the year before that, we're not going to go into a lot of deep analysis.
This crud has to stop.
It's one thing to hit the crap out of the ball when you're down six runs, but it's quite another to come through with a clutch two-out hit with a runner in scoring position and the game tied.
There's been way too much of the former and not enough of the latter lately. Let's see if it changes starting today (12:30 p.m.; FSN; 920-AM).
Today's hot list …
• Another late rally, another loss. That seems to be the gist of the game stories from everyone, including the News Tribune and the Times. The Angels' perspective, or as Rick Rizz would say, "the happy totals," is covered by the LA Times and the Orange County Register.
• The tight, short swing of Richie Sexson isn't what you call a classic home run hitter's stroke, but it's often effective and it's also the subject of this Larry LaRue notebook.
• Brandon Morrow is spending his first weeks in the bigs learning how to pitch to major league hitters.
• Dave Boling thinks Mike Blowers is doing well as a first-year baseball analyst.
• Felix's arm injury hasn't just affected the M's. The Tacoma Rainiers are feeling it as well.
• The Chicago Tribune's Bob Verdi takes baseball to the woodshed over its early season scheduling.
• And our question for the day …
• Does this feel like the past three years to you?