The M's finished off a three-game sweep of the Red Sox on Wednesday, pulling Seattle closer to the Angels in the West.
But the most interesting thing about the past three games (and the two wins over Cincinnati that preceded them) is how all of them may have finished the same way – with the M's on top – but they all featured different scenarios.
One day it was pitching, another hitting, another defense, another little ball, another a home run (not in that order). In other words, the M's are finding a way to get it done right now, whatever way that is.
Today's hot list …
• Lopez's game-winning double and the M's perseverance seem to be the lead of the games stories from the P-I, Times, the News Tribune and the Herald. From Boston, here are the stories from the Herald and the Globe (which second guesses Boston manager Terry Francona).
• Over the course of an 11-inning game, one pitch can make a difference.
• The M's won Wednesday with a couple of rookies making up the battery. Of course, there is about 75 years difference between the two.
• Mark Lowe will be back sooner than everyone thought.
• And our question of the day …
• Who are your Mariner All-Star choices and why?