Flipping between courts, it’s hard to see enough of every game at the State 3A basketball tournaments but I’ll throw some observations at you from the Tacoma Dome if you’ll click on the link below.
* The Shadle Park boys had NO chance against Franklin. I heard from numerous folks who said while the Quakers were awesome, especially on offense the first half, it’s when they crank up the D they’re most impressive. They had no need to do that.
* If the Highlanders show up today, their loser-out game with Lakes should be entertaining but the game should be tough.
* The Shadle girls had no problem with Ferndale and are certainly good enough to be legendary Prairie today. In fact, if the Highlanders play close to as well as they did today, they’re favored.
* Missed the late game but wouldn’t be surprised to see a Kennedy-Shadle Park girls final. Colfax might finish third. The Bulldogs certainly wouldn’t be 0-2-bar-b-que.
* Rogers has game. They gave a good Columbia River team all it could handle but the magic left. Maybe it was nerves but probably it was a 6-10 D-I opponent. Great effort.
*It will take another huge effort for Rogers to win today but there is no reason to think they won’t show up.
*Good support, by the way. Nice to see. Didn’t really notice a better crowd, but sometimes it’s hard to tell with your head down and bouncing between courts. However, the Pirates were in the house.