After a nice win for the Idaho men’s basketball team Friday over Utah, it was a rough weekend all around. First the loss to Boise State and then Sunday, UI hoops fell at Texas Southern. Below you’ll find a quick roundup of Idaho- and WAC-related news.
- The Vandals commited 18 turnovers — 11 in the second half — in a 72-65 loss to Texas Southern. It was a tough road trip — at Utah Friday night, then onto Houston — but still it would have been a big coup to go 2-0. You can read more here.
- The football team will take the next few days of and be back practicing Thursday and Friday in advance of its last game, Nov. 28 vs. Utah State. I’ll be back later in the day with a story on Idaho’s recruiting efforts in the Inland Northwest.
- San Jose State coach Dick Tomey will retire at the end of the year. The Spartans are just 1-8, with the one win coming against Cal Poly.
- Boise State remained No. 6 in the BCS standings.
- ESPN.com’s Bruce Feldman is reporting via Twitter that Hawaii coach Greg McMackin might be let go.