FROM PULLMAN -- Here's the complete list of Washington State's signees, with comments from Mike Leach about each of them. Click here to watch Leach's press conference.
UPDATE: Here's a link to a PDF with biographical information for each player.
- Jeremiah Allison LB 6-1 210 Los Angeles, Calif. (Dorsey HS)
Leach: "One of the most impressive stories of our class. Is in competition right now to be valedictorian at Dorsey High School. Very fast linebacker, good blitzer, one of those guys that’s very elusive as far as coming across the line of scrimmage. His quickness I guess is one of the things that impresses me the most."
- Austin Apodaca QB 6-3 185 Longmont, Colo. (Silver Creek HS)
Leach: "Austin’s one of the most accurate guys that I’ve ever had the opportunity to recruit, and I’ve had some accurate guys in the past. Maybe the most accurate. Certainly one of them."
- Robert Barber DT 6-3 290 Pago Pago, American Samoa (Faga’Itua HS)
Leach: "Big, thick, one-technique, three-technique kind of guy, very physical, very strong."
- Brett Bartolone WR 5-10 180 La Habre, Calif. (La Habre HS)
Leach: "Very versatile. Can do a lot of things. Can play in the backfield, in the slot, can be a receiver, can return things. One of the most versatile guys"
- Michael Bowlin K 6-4 210 Aliso Viejo, Calif. (Saddleback JC/Aliso Niguel HS)
Leach: "Very strong leg. Strong leg, kick it through the end zone kind of guy."
- David Bucannon S 6-2 180 Fairfield, Calif. (Vanden HS)
Leach: "His brother's on the team ... safety, played some receiver as well."
- Teondray Caldwell RB 5-10 185 Los Angels, Calif. (Venice HS)
Leach: "A guy that’s pretty good at catching the ball as well as carrying the ball. Excited about him."
- Feddie Davey S 5-11 190 Miami, Fla. (Miami Norland HS)
Leach: "One of those guys that plays with a certain amount of reckless abandon. Blocks punts, blocks kicks and hits you if you'’re coming across the middle."
- Rahmel Dockery WR 5-10 170 Tacoma, Wash. (Curtis HS)
Leach: "Just kind of that standard receiver that can make all the catches, comes out of his cuts quickly."
- Denzell Dotson OL 6-3 305 Peoria, Ariz. (Cactus HS)
Leach: "Very productive, one of those guys that makes a lot of plays, intangible things, really quick first step."
- Keith Ewing LB 6-2 215 Bellaire, Texas (Bellaire HS)
Leach: "First commitment of our class. Eric Morris recruited him ... traditional linebacker. The other thing we look for with these linebackers in particular, first step defensively, we bring quite a bit of pressure with our linebackers so we were looking for guys that were elusive coming across the line of scrimmage."
- Sam Flor OL 6-4 285 Seattle, Wash. (O’Dea HS)
Leach: "Nasty offensive lineman. Physical, all of the blue collar things you look for in an offensive lineman."
- Ioane Gauta DT 6-3 300 Anaheim, Calif. (Fullerton JC/Valencia, HS)
Leach: "One thing impressive about him, every team he’s ever been on, he’s been a team captain. A leader, big physical presence at defensive tackle."
- Alex Jackson WR 5-10 175 Culver City, Calif. (Culver City HS)
Leach: "Probably one of the fastest guys in this class. Real speed, blow the top off the coverage type of wide receiver."
- Sam Jones OL 6-6 295 Bear, Del. (Pima CC/Fuquay-Varina HS)
Leach: "Big, physical, has also played some defensive line. Would have the potential to play defefnisve line here once he gets here. We want to find a way to get him on the field, but has that dimension to do either one."
- Robert Lewis WR 5-10 160 South Gate, Calif. (South East HS)
Leach: "Very fast guy. Nickname started as a young kid, they called him the human joystick, and if you watch him on film, he looks like it, and also a very dimensional guy. Plays defense, returns things, blocks things. Great with the ball in his hands, whether it’s from the backfield or at the receiver position."
- Gabriel Marks WR 5-11 175 Los Angeles, Calif. (Venice HS)
Leach: "Not only in high school, but also every all star game he’s in, makes plays. He’s a guy that really knows how to make plays, knows where the end zone is, has an incredible tendency to outperform the other players around him even if they play the same positon as him. A guy that’s a football player in the true sense of the word."
- Eduardo Middleton OL 6-5 290 Oceanside, Calif. (Oceanside HS)
Leach: "One of the youngest guys of the group, yet big, physical and demanding presence there at offensive line."
- Alex Mitchell OL 6-2 309 Portland, Ore. (Jefferson HS)
Leach: "Very mature, very physical, and a guy that if you meet him, it’s pretty clear that when it comes to the game of football he’s not afraid to get his hands dirty at all."
- Kache Palacio LB 6-2 225 Gardena, Calif. (Serra HS)
Leach: "Big, physical, one of those plugger run stopper kind of guys. Also pretty active as far as covering the pass."
- Khalil Pettway LB 6-4 205 Culver City, Claif. (Culver City HS)
Leach: "More of a rangy player, very quick to the ball but also a big hitter."
- Niu Sale OL 6-4 315 Los Alamitos, Calif. (LA Harbor CC/Los Alamitos HS)
Leach: "One of those guys that if you look at him, doesn’t look as big as he is. One of those guys that’s wired pretty tight. 315 pounds, looks like he’s 280 but just a solid, solid guy."
- B.J. Salmonson OL 6-5 285 Everson, Wash. (Nooksack Valley HS)
Leach: "Played some defensive line, a lot of our offensive linemen have this in common, they’ve got experience on the defense line, which means they have quick feet and embrace contact and have the aggressive mentality that goes with being a defensive lineman and being able to transfer it to the offensive line."
- Taylor Taliulu S 5-11 175 Aiea, Hawai’i (Kamehameha Secondary HS)
Leach: "One of the smoothest running athletes that I’ve seen. You watch him run, it looks effortless. Smart kid, high GPA at a high school that’s fairly tough to get a high GPA."
- Jacob Tuivaive LB 6-4 250 Tacoma, Wash. (Washington HS)
Leach: "One of those guys that really looks like he can play about eight different positions, very athletic, we have him penciled in as a linebacker, but can do a lot of things. Potentially a defensive end, runs well enough you’d say safety except you want to stick him up there closer to the trenches. Also played some tight end, running back and I’m sure he’s popped a little popcorn at halfime too."
- Destiny Vaeao DE 6-3 255 Pago Pago, American Samoa (Tafuna HS)
Leach: "he and Jacob are similar. Destiny's a little bigger than this. Probably a little bigger than listed here. Has played a lot of positions as well, did a lot of things at tight end, done a lot of things on the defensive line. Right now we’re planning to play him at defensive line."
- Pierson Villarrubia OL 6-4 275 Mandeville, La. (Lakeshore HS)
Leach: "A good, physical, smart offensive lineman."
- Theron West RB 5-8 170 Compton, Calif. (LA Harbor JC/Centennial HS)
Leach: "Real fast, presents a lot of speed. He really jumps off the screen as a kick and punt returner. One of those guys you say well, receiver, running back, maybe a little of both if you move him around some."