Less than an hour until the Gonzaga women's basketball team and Pepperdine Waves (12-12, 7-6 WCC) tip-off at the Kennel. One piece of good news, aside from the Bulldogs' 87-55 win over Santa Clara on Thursday, was last-place San Francisco's victory over BYU this week - leaving the Bulldogs in sole possession of first place in the WCC standings.
Some quick hits between the Bulldogs and Waves:
- The all-time series between the two teams is tied 28-28.
- Gonzaga has won 17 of the last 21 games between the two, going back to the 2004 season.
- In the teams' previous meeting - Gonzaga pounded Pepperdine 79-50 on Jan. 5. I'd expect today's matchup to be a little tighter than the last.
- The last times the teams met, seniors Katelan Redmon and Kelly Bowen finished with double-doubles. Redmon had 14 points and 12 rebounds, and Bowen had 12 points and a career-high 13 rebounds.
- Pepperdine last beat Gonzaga 72-62 on Feb. 21, 2009.
Up next: game time. We'll see you on the other side, or you can keep up with the game on twitter @jbrown_srsports.