The Washington State women’s basketball team came up just short on Sunday against Cal. The 60-55 loss was Cal’s sixth-straight win, and you can read The Daily Californian’s game story here.
The Washington State women were the only area Division I school to play on Sunday - the other area teams did play over the weekend and to see how they fared here's the link to Sunday's roundup.
MORE ON CAL BEATING WSU:
- The Golden Bears are second in the Pac-12 and play conference-leading (No. 4) Stanford on Saturday. The Cougar women (9-10, 3-4 Pac-12) have now dropped four straight after a strong start to the season (RPI plays a factor here).
- Junior forward Carly Noyes and sophomore guard Sage Romberg led the Cougars with 10 points each.
- WSU freshman guard Tia Presley recorded a career-high seven rebounds.
- Cal – the Pac-12’s top rebounding team – used a 44-35 rebound advantage to score 44 points in the paint.
- The Idaho women host Nevada tonight (Monday) at 6 p.m. in a game that was originally scheduled for Jan. 19 but was postponed due to snow. The Vandals also host Utah State on Saturday.
- WSU hosts Arizona State on Thursday and Arizona on Saturday in Pullman.
- Gonzaga hosts Loyola Marymount on Thursday and travels to Saint Mary's on Saturday. Thursday's game will be broadcast live on CBS College Sports.
- The Eastern Washington University women remain on the road for their next two Big Sky games. The Eagles play at Montana on Thursday and Montana State on Saturday.