FROM PULLMAN — The Lewiston Experience (that's a working title) is halfway over. Or halfway started. Depends on your perspective. Keep reading for news around the Pac-12.
– Today's newspaper story focused on the competition at outside receiver, which might be the deepest position of any on the team.
– The Pac-12 Blog previewed WSU's season.
– Missed this yesterday, but SI.com lists Mike Leach among its list of coaches who might be on the hot seat this season. Leach is in “Group C,” (relatively low heat) though I don't really think there's any level of failure that would force Leach into questionable job security this season.
– CougCenter with an interesting take on the NCAA totally not profiting off athletes' likenesses, because they definitely would never do that, you guys.
– Arizona's quarterbacks were open to the media yesterday after a shaky start to camp.
– Will Sutton is already an impressive dude, but Arizona State coach Todd Graham is impressed now with his leadership.
– Stanford is retiring the number of a former quarterback named John Elway.
– USC says its star receiver didn't break any NCAA rules the last time he signed autographs.
– A Colorado running back is looking for more this season.
– There's more competition at various Utah position battles.
– Young Oregon State receivers look up to Brandin Cooks.
– Oregon's linebacker corps has just one constant so far.