FROM PULLMAN — In addition to our WSU links, we pass along yesterday's news out of Auburn on this fine Sunday morning. Details below.
– The most important news from down south is that Auburn has settled on Nick Marshall as its starting quarterback. Marshall originally played a season at Georgia (as a defensive back) before being dismissed from the team and heading to a junior college. His playmaking ability is augmented by his speed and athleticism. He has never taken a snap as a Division-1 quarterback.
– The Tigers also made news yesterday by dismissing their leading returning tackler after he was arrested for marijuana possession.
– Our position preview series continued today with a look at WSU's defensive line.
– Oregon might have to approach its kicking game by committee.
– Oregon State sure is having fun this camp.
– USC's quarterbacks are still duking it out.
– UCLA breaks camp with more confidence.
– A California receiver is back in the coaches' favor after losing weight.
– A Utah linebacker got back on the field yesterday, though his status for the season is still up in the air.
– Colorado's players want to tackle for real.
– Arizona's senior quarterback is showing improvement.
– Arizona State's offense got the better of its defense in a scrimmage.