FROM PULLMAN -- Here's a list of Washington State's 2013 signing class, with a brief comment -- very brief, in some cases -- from coach Mike Leach about each player.
- CB Daquawn Brown, Los Angeles, Calif. (Dorsey HS), 6-0, 175
Leach: "A relatively tall corner, great skills, very explosive, great hips for a tall guy with long arms."
- QB Tyler Bruggman, Phoenix, Ariz. (Brophy Prep), 6-2, 202
Leach: "First of all he’s a real self-starter guy, he’s a really intelligent guy. Might have the highest GPA and test score combination on the team although we do have some high ones. Really just the leadership quality and the way he commands his team. The ball comes off his hands efficiently. Really the most important thing a quarterback does is command an offense, which I think he does a good job of."
- WR River Cracraft, Trabuco Canyon, Calif. (Santa Margarita HS), 6-2, 205
Leach: "Tough, gritty player, knows all the tricks as far as playing receiver and the one thing I’ll say about Santa Margarita is that you show up on that campus and think that it’s paradise but they have a good team personified by toughness."
- ATH Isaac Dotson, Bellevue, Wash. (Newport HS), 6-3, 210
Leach: "He can do a lot of things. He can probably play five different positions. He’s very athletic, very smart."
- DL Daniel Ekuale, Pago Pago, American Samoa (Nuuuli Technical HS), 6-4, 290
Leach: "Yeah, he’s that big and he can also run. A defensive lineman but also played a lot of tight end."
- DE Lyman Faoliu, Vallejo, Calif. (College of San Mateo), 6-2, 275
Leach: "Incredible worker just like guys from College of San Mateo are. ... Working very hard now and we’re excited to already have him on campus."
- OL Carlos Freeman, Oklahoma City, Okla. (Midwest City HS), 6-3, 290
Leach: "A tough, mean, active offensive lineman, and may win the heavyweight championship in the state of Oklahoma in wrestling."
- S Darius Lemora, Port Arthur, Texas (Memorial HS), 6-0, 185
Leach: "Big hit guy. What I think of, even though he's a thinner guy, is the explosions that take place any time he's in the vicinity."
- DL Paulo Lepua, Harbor City, Calif. (Narbonne HS), 6-3, 265
Leach: "A big, physical defensive lineman and not only that but the uncanny ability to make a lot of plays."
- WR Robert Lewis, South Gate, Calif. (South East HS), 5-10, 160
Leach: "Robert might be the fastest player on the team. He’s on campus right now going through the offseason and is very quick."
- TE Cole Madison, Burien, Wash. (Kennedy HS), 6-6, 270
Leach: "Just a big body that’s really well-coordinated."
- WR Vince Mayle, Natomas, Calif. (Sierra College), 6-3, 220
Leach: "A lot of accolades but a big, strong physical receiver that catches the ball, runs with the ball and also just pancakes guys when he blocks."
- LB Ivan McLennan, Lawndale, Calif. (El Camino College), 6-3, 220
Leach: "Extremely fast outside linebacker, he’s on campus now also, one of the most explosive players at that position on the roster here."
- OL Matt Meyer, Lynden, Wash. (Lynden HS), 6-6, 290
Leach: "Was MVP of a basketball tournament for his basketball team when they went down to California and played, great feet, physical and a great offensive lineman."
- RB Jamal Morrow, Menifee, Calif. (Heritage HS), 5-8, 180
Leach: "Good, shifty running back, also physical with a great center of gravity."
- OL Cody O'Connell, Wenatchee, Wash. (Wenatchee HS), 6-8, 350
Leach: "Cody O’Connell as far as height and weight is the biggest lineman I’ve ever coached. I’ve had some that are heavier but not the combination of that height because you’re talking about a guy that’s got good feet that has a pretty flat stomach. That’s impressive."
- LB Peyton Pelluer, Sammamish, Wash. (Skyline HS), 6-2, 225
Leach: "Physical, great instincts, great head for the game, of course his relatives all played football, too. His dad, uncles and grandfathers and everybody else so he comes by it naturally. He’s going to be another one of the Pelluers who goes out and stars in football and most of them were here at Washington State."
- OL B.J. Salmonson, Everson, Wash. (Nooksack Valley HS), 6-5, 285
Leach: "Big physical offensive lineman going through the offseason right now."
- OL Jacob Seydel, Riverside, Calif. (Riverside CC), 6-6, 285
Leach: "Long arms, physical, great pass protector. He’s on campus now as well."
- OL Riley Sorenson, Santa Margarita, Calif. (Santa Margarita HS), 6-5, 230
Leach: "Played on the same team as River Cracraft, and they had a huge, physical offensive line. He was the biggest one."
- DL Gerald Sterling, Aliceville, Ala. (Aliceville HS), 6-4, 275
Leach: "One of those just country strong guys that’s not afraid of anything and moves around anything he hits."
- DL Emmitt Su'a-Kalio, Pago Pago, American Samoa (Kanana Fou HS), 6-4, 250
Leach: "Besides his height, a real quick guy."
- DB/WR Charleston White, Amarillo, Texas (Palo Duro HS), 6-1, 170
Leach: "Can do a variety of things. DB, wide receiver, taller corner."
- RB Gerard Wicks, Carson, Calif. (Long Beach Poly HS), 5-10,195
Leach: "Still growing as we speak, really explosive right now."