FROM PULLMAN — We start today's links with an item we didn't get to last night: the unveiling of new uniforms for the men's basketball team. They have words on them. Read on.
The uniforms aren't a heck of a lot different, until you take a look at the back. Yes, that is the WSU fight song. An interesting touch. You can check out WSU's photo gallery of the new jerseys here.
Also of note: DaVonte Lacy has switched to No. 25.
WSU writes about the new uniforms: “This season the team will be wearing Nike Hyperelite Uniforms, which are made from a thinner and lighter material than previous uniforms. The laser-cut perforations increase ventilation and Dri-FIT fabric helps wick sweat away so every player is equipped to stay cool, dry, comfortable, and move better.”
– Our story in today's newspaper focuses on the significance of WSU's recent (if you can call them that) victories over USC.
– Here are some notes from practice last night.
– ESPN.com writes that WSU wants to be more than just respectable.
– USC might be getting its best pass rusher back this weekend.
– A rather optimistic evaluation of how USC's defense matches up with WSU's offense.
– Arizona is relying on its “SWAT” team to get some third-down stops.
– The story of how a UCLA player fought back from an illness that could have killed him.
– Getting to the bottom of the Stanford-San Jose State rivalry, and why it's going away.
– Colorado has found a nice fit at nickel back.
– A Utah defender has been given the go-ahead to play from the NCAA.
– Expect Oregon to go for it on fourth down a whole bunch. Just like always.
– Oregon State missed some rushing opportunities against Eastern Washington.
Time to get on an airplane.