FROM LOS ANGELES — The last time Washington State won a football game in this city against Southern California, George W. Bush and Al Gore were arguing over who had won the presidential election. The Cougars have about 13 and a half hours before they take the field to try to end that streak. We have links before they do.
– First, a reminder that we'll launch our pregame live chat at about 6:30 p.m., so stop by then if you want to get some questions answered.
– Our story today focuses on the strong possibility that true freshman Daquawn Brown will make his first career start in the city where he grew up.
– In addition, we have our keys to a possible WSU victory.
– USC's corners are preparing for a tough test against Connor Halliday and WSU's offense.
– A Trojans running back looks forward to his first home game.
– USC, quarterback, etc.
Here's a preview of the game from ESPN:
Today's other games …
Central Arkansas at Colorado, 5 p.m. — Mike MacIntyre's team will try to do something today it hasn't done since 2011: win a home game.
Hawaii at Oregon State, 5 p.m., Pac-12 Networks — The Beavers' defense has a chance to take some strides in this one.
WSU at USC, 7:30 p.m., FOX Sports 1
Arizona at UNLV, 7:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network — The Rebels are bigger than the Wildcats. They also don't win very often.
Arizona State's schedule is about to get a little more strenuous.
See you at 6:30 for the chat.