FROM PULLMAN — Does anyone else think Southern Utah's abbreviation just looks kind of weird? No? OK then. Regardless, we have a look at the Thunderbirds in today's newspaper, and we have our usual Pac-12 links below. Away we go.
– Here's our story in today's paper focusing on SUU's tough-guy mindset.
– Here are our Pac-12 picks for the week.
– CougCenter evaluates the performance of WSU's receivers against USC.
– Here's a positional breakdown of Utah's game against Oregon State this week. Or is it Oregon State's game against Utah? Hmm?
– OSU's linebackers are simplifying things as they prepare for the Utes.
– Oregon and Tennessee both benefit from staff continuity.
– UCLA's offense is trying to be the best in school history.
– Lane Kiffin tried to lighten the mood after USC's practice yesterday.
– Colorado would like a few rushes longer than 11 yards.
– Arizona has some depth at quarterback, which could make for an interesting decision down the road.
– Arizona State has a daunting schedule ahead of it.
– Also, I'll briefly address here the news I passed along last night on Twitter — that at the end of the month, I'm leaving the Spokesman-Review to cover the UW football/basketball beat for the Tacoma News Tribune. I'm not going to waste your time by waxing poetic about my time here — I haven't been around long enough to deserve to — other than to say that the S-R has been a great place to work, WSU has been great to work with, and I appreciate every one of you who kept this place lively during the past 20 months. I'll remember my time here fondly, but am excited to join the team over in Tacoma, and couldn't be happier to be moving closer to my family on the west side. This isn't goodbye yet — I'll be here through the Stanford game — but just a heads up that I won't be here much longer.
That's all for now.