FROM PULLMAN — After spending the last two Sunday mornings in airport terminals, I'm spending this one in the comfort of my own apartment. Washington State will spend it, perhaps, reflecting on its thumping of Southern Utah yesterday. We have links to our coverage of said blowout, so read on.
– Here's our (shortened due to space constraints) game story in today's newspaper, focusing on the importance of WSU winning big.
– Here's our game notebook, leading with Austin Apodaca's debut at quarterback.
– On the blog, we had our usual tale of the tape, along with a whole bunch of video (there are seven of them, so I'll just direct you to scroll down and roll through 'em), WSU's game notes, the official game book, and a recap of our pregame chat and in-game updates.
– Here are a few quotes from Leach all typed out.
– John Blanchette has this column about WSU taking care of business.
– Howie Stalwick writes for Sportspress Northwest that WSU was all smiles afterward.
Around the Pac-12 …
Oregon State 51, Utah 48 (OT) — This might have been a season-saving win for the Beavers, who had to watch as running back Storm Woods was carted off the field. It was a heartbreaking loss for the Utes.
Arizona 38, UTSA 13 — The Wildcats stayed undefeated against their schedule of cupcakes.
Also: Colorado players spent Saturday helping first responders dealing with the flooding in Boulder. CU's game against Fresno State was postponed.
All for now.