FROM PULLMAN — We're off to Seattle in a few hours — both for Saturday's game and for the foreseeable future — but not before putting together a few links while we wait for the movers to arrive. Let's get to it.
– Here's our feature today on Jeremiah Laufasa, whose father has been the guiding influence in his football career.
– Here are a few notes from yesterday's practice.
– This area basketball roundup includes a few notes we wrote about the Cougars starting practice.
– Bud Withers has a story about Xavier Cooper overcoming a learning disability.
– A Stanford defensive end was recommended to former coach Jim Harbaugh by his father.
– UCLA coaches are using their off week to recruit.
– USC's athletic director is trying to get the NCAA to ease its sanctions against the Trojans.
– A California defensive back is elevated by his strong will.
– Washington's new punt returner is a threat.
– Colorado is trying to improve its kickoff coverage.
– Utah's secondary will be tested next week by UCLA.
– It's California that wants to keep Oregon from substituting this time around.
– An Oregon State cornerback is making the most of his second chance.
– Arizona State knows defending USC receiver Marqise Lee will be a challenge.
– Arizona hopes to get a boost on its defensive line this week.