From Pullman -- By the time the Cougars are one-third of the way through Pac-12 play, they'll have only played one game in Pullman. So it's a good thing they won it last night, against Utah, 49-46. It's the Cougars first Pac-12 win and it came thanks to a gritty defense. It was a good win for WSU, which again played without DaVonte Lacy. While there is no timetable yet for his return, it's hard to see how he could get ready in time for the Cougars' upcoming Bay Area trip.
More links after the jump.
- Washington beat No. 15 Colorado, which also lost its star player in the process.
- No. 17 Oregon lost its third straight game, this time to Stanford.
- Arizona defeated USC to remain undefeated.
- A freshman from Bothell led UCLA past the Sun Devils.
- One of WSU's more-heralded football recruits may be getting cold feet.