From Pullman -- Washington State will hold the first of its 15 spring football practices on Thursday, continuing every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The Crimson and Gray game will be held at Spokane’s Joe Albi Field on Saturday, April 26 at 1 p.m. and spring practice will conclude on April 29. Tuesday and Thursday practices are at 3 p.m. while Saturday practice times are to be determined. Practices are open to the public.
The Cougars also released their roster and depth chart. Heights and weights appear to have been updated, with many players losing a few pounds, likely due to winter conditioning. We have more on the new roster after the jump.
Here are some notes on WSU’s roster changes in the offseason. The depth chart is on page 8 of the document below.
- Rising sophomore cornerback Daquawn Brown is still on the roster. Brown was charged earlier this month with felon second-degree assault and misdemeanor assault. One of the alleged assaults was against a woman, an apparent violation of one of the team’s three rules that if broken automatically trigger a dismissal.
- Linebacker Feddie Davey is not on the roster. We reported earlier that Davey was likely to transfer.
- Quarterback Austin Apodaca is not on the roster. We reported that he intends to transfer.
- Joe Dahl and Gunnar Eklund have switched offensive line positions. Eklund is now the left guard while Dahl is the left tackle. Dahl is also listed as 307 pounds, 17 pounds heavier than on last year's roster..
- Safety Taylor Taliulu also showed notable weight gain, from 196 to 205 pounds.
- Wide receiver Sebastian LaRue is listed as a redshirt freshman. The highly-touted receiver transferred from Texas A&M.
- Freshman offensive lineman Andy Agen is not listed on the roster.
- Donovan Aldridge has been added to the roster as a redshirt freshman. The wide receiver is listed at 6-foot-2, 176 pounds.
- QB/Athlete Erik Anderson has been added to the roster. He is 6-foot-2, 190 pounds.
- Junior ffensive lineman Brent Anderson no longer appears on the roster.
- Austin Brown no longer appears on the roster. Brown was recently charged with theft but sources say he has not been with the team since winter break.
- Freshman wide receiver Micah Brown has been added to the roster. The redshirt freshman is listed at 6-foot-2, 183 pounds.
- Offensive lineman Denzell Dotson is no longer listed on the roster.
- Defensive back Michael Fields is no longer listed on the roster.
- QB/TE Cory Hutchison has been added to the roster. The redshirt freshman is listed at 6-foot-5, 236 pounds.
- Wide receiver Connor Johnson is no longer listed on the roster.
- Running back Kyle Lappano is no longer listed on the roster.
- Running back Jeremiah Laufasa is no longer listed on the roster. We reported on his transfer to UTEP here.
- Wide receiver Darren Mitchell has been added to the roster. His class is undetermined.
- Wide receiver Michael Newman has been added to the roster. The 5-10, 185 Newman is a redshirt sophomore.
- Linebacker Austin Rapp is no longer listed on the roster.
- Long snapper Ryan Saparto is no longer listed on the roster.
- Offensive lineman Clayton Simundson has been added as a redshirt freshman. He is listed at 6-foot-4, 257 pounds.
- Defensive back Dakota Sinchak has been added as a 5-9, 173 pound redshirt freshman.
- Safety Colton Teglovic has been added as a 6-foot, 189 pound redshirt sophomore.
- Jacob Tweten has been added as a 6-foot-1, 265 pound offensive lineman. His class is undetermined.
- Pierson Villarubia is no longer listed on the roster.
- Joshua Vizcaya has been added as a 5-foot-8, 184 pound defensive back. He is a redshirt freshman.