If you're one of those people who will be standing in line (or camping) for "Wicked" tickets on Saturday at 7 a.m. at the INB Performing Arts Center, the people at WestCoast Entertainment say they will try to make it worth your while. Here's how:
- The first 100 customers will receive a "Wicked" gift -- some kind of souvenir, I presume.
- Free coffee will be provided by Craven's Coffee.
- Free donuts.
- Everyone in line will be entered into a contest to win a pair of emerald earrings provided by Dodson's Jewelers.
- KZZU (92.9) will be on hand with contests and prizes throughout the morning.
- Northwest Photobooth will be providing free photos with a "Wicked" logo, of you and your friends, .
I should point out that this "fun" may be the only true reason for standing in line on Saturday. Tickets have already been available for months for subscribers and for groups. Also, an online pre-sale has been going on for almost a week for those who received the pre-sale code from TicketsWest. And finally, there should still be plenty of good tickets left even when "official" on-line and phone sales start on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Just to remind you about how this works: Tickets will be sold in person only at the INB box office from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m. Saturday. Then, at 10 a.m., all remaining tickets will go on sale through TicketsWest outlets (www.ticketswest.com, 800-325-SEAT). There's no way of predicting how fast tickets will get snapped up, but with a 16-show run, "Wicked" will probably not be an instant sellout, a la Elton John.
By the way, tickets will run you between $37.50 and $142.50, with the mid-level seats running about $77.50 or $82.50.