Don't forget about SpoCup on Saturday.
Five local coffee shops are hosting a coffee crawl 3-6 p.m. Participants get a passport and a T-shirt, then they hit five coffee shops in three hours. All of the details are here.
The event starts at INDABA Coffee Bar, 1425 W. Broadway Ave. That's where you'll need to go first if you didn't sign up in advance. You'll have to pay $30, but there are benefits:
1) You'll get to hang out with like-minded coffee geeks (Or not. You choose.)
2) Local businesses will benefit from your caffeine addiction.
3) There's a cool T-shirt.
4) A local non-profit benefits from a portion of sales on Saturday each of the five participating coffee shops. Big Table supports restaurant industry workers and they probably have a few people to help right now given some recent (unexpected) restaurant closures.
5) There will be swag and raffles.
6) Boots Bakery & Lounge, 24 W. Main Ave., is hosting the last stop on the crawl and they serve cocktails. There will be a DJ, too. You'll get to hit Coeur Coffeehouse, 701 N. Monroe St.; Luxe Coffee House, 1017 W. First Ave.; and Atticus Coffee and Gifts, 222 N. Howard St.
If that is not enough, here's one last thing to consider:
7) You could drop some serious coin on rare coffee.
Coeur Coffeehouse owner Mike Garrison says they received a shipment of some of the rarest coffee on the planet. Stumptown's Guatemala Finca el Injerto, Gesha varietal costs about $125 for a 12-ounce bag.
Coeur will be serving it for $10 per cup or $25 per Chemex for those who want to check it out. There are details - including an heavenly description of the flavor of the coffee - here.