1. As many as half a million have been evacuated in what state this week because of fierce winds driving wildfires there?
Extra Credit: What are these winds called?
2. Leaders from Iraq and what other country are discussing a way to put a cease-fire into effect along the two countries’ shared border? Is it (a) Korean, (b) Russia, (c) Turkey?
3. Name one of the teams in the World Series?
4. The U.S. State Department can’t account for exactly how a contractor spent more than $1 billion to train police in what country?
5. Astronauts blasted off today from Cape Canaveral. What is their basic two-week mission?
Extra credit: What movie memento is packed on board the shuttle?
6. NASA was also in the news for something less positive this week. The agency conducted an $8.5 million study about airline safety but now doesn’t want to release the findings. Why?
7. J.K. Rowling, author of the “Harry Potter” books, said late last week she always pictured Dumbledore as what?
8. The Senate passed a bill this week that approves money for what kind of programs, even though President Bush will likely veto this?
QUESTION: How did ya do? I'll post answers tomorrow...