Tuesday means links (and other stuff)
FROM PULLMAN — Another Tuesday means Washington State's practice week begins later this afternoon. It also means the Pac-12 coaches' teleconference (yippee) and your typical look around the conference. That can be found below.
By the way, there was one note that I didn't fit into today's story. A WSU official estimated that somewhere between 30 and 50 people greeted the Cougars' team bus at Bohler Gym shortly before 4 a.m. when they returned to campus from Los Angeles. Mike Leach described the scene some in his press conference yesterday, which you can see in the video posted lower on the Sportslink page.
– On the blog we had some video from yesterday's media availability, as well as a transcription of Mike Leach's comments.
– Here's a short note on yesterday's expected basketball news.
– Bud Withers has this first look at Southern Utah.
– If you're not particularly familiar with the tale of Mike Leach's final days as coach at Texas Tech, SI.com ran a book excerpt covering that topic yesterday.
– Utah's coach agrees with every beat reporter in America about night games in college football.
– Colorado has an important rematch this week with Fresno State.
– Arizona State is preparing for a tough Wisconsin rushing attack.
– Washington's running back will have plenty of support in Chicago.
– Stanford boasts strong blood lines.
– Ohio State's quarterback hasn't been cleared yet to play against California this week.
– Lane Kiffin announced his quarterback decision in a 1-man press conference yesterday.
– UCLA begins preparations for Nebraska while mourning the loss of a beloved walk-on receiver.
– Oregon State is running low on options on its offensive line.
– Oregon's sophomore running back is trying to forget his rough game at Virginia.