Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Friday, February 22, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Cloudy 31° Cloudy

Crime/Public Safety


News >  Crime/Public Safety

House fire in East Central ruled accidental

UPDATED: Wed., Feb. 6, 2019, 8:51 p.m.

A house fire in the East Central neighborhood was ruled accidental after an investigation by the Spokane Fire Department. The blaze in the house on the 3200 block of North Regal Street started at about 11:30 a.m. when “plastic furniture was inadvertently placed in contact with a natural gas-fueled, free standing fireplace,” according to a Spokane Fire Department news release.