u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
The initiatives likely to make the ballot are a small sample of those that won’t.
Three initiatives submit far more signatures than they need to qualify for the ballot, but Secretary of State Kim Wyman says one proposal’s petitions raise legal concerns.
Voters likely to be asked whether to prevent new local taxes on soda and other groceries.
Supporters of gun control initiative turn in more than 267,000 signatures.
An effort to get the Washington Supreme Court to block a proposed gun-control initiative was dismissed.
Congress is preparing to reconcile two versions of the farm bill, a sweeping piece of legislation renewed every five years that governs an array of agricultural and food assistance programs, including SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue sought to assure Eastern Washington agriculture and forestry leaders on Monday that American farmers will not bear the brunt of an international trade war. But Perdue would not say, specifically, how his USDA might assist farmers hurt by retaliatory tariffs imposed by China and other trading partners.
When a red sign appears in a yard right next door to a lawn sporting a blue sign, I like to imagine how those neighbors get along in these polarized times.
Supporters of an initiative to impose a fee on fossil fuels turn in signatures.
Four initiative petition drives may have enough signatures to make the ballot, secretary of state’s office says.
- U.S. Representative
- U.S. Senate
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Senate
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.