u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
Washington voters will get to vote on a gun control initiative this November after all.
Republican candidate Susan Hutchison challenged incumbent Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell on Friday to a series of 10 debates to be held in each congressional district throughout Washington.
Democratic congressional candidate Lisa Brown made the case for her candidacy to an audience of about 300 potential voters Thursday night at the Spokane Valley Event Center, listening to audience concerns about Social Security and health care.
A year removed from one of the most raucous town halls in her recent congressional career, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers faced a relatively calm – and sparse – gathering Thursday night. The congresswoman answered questions about the Russia investigation and future plans for Medicare and Social Security.
One of President Donald Trump’s top surrogates is scheduled to stump for the congresswoman Friday at a campaign fundraiser.
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers touts tax reform, Inland Northwest economic growth in speech at Greater Spokane Inc.
In a speech to business interests and nonprofit representatives Wednesday, the congresswoman was joined by members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to tout the tax reform bill as a major driver of the Inland Northwest’s economy.
The event will compete with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers’ annual town hall, which is scheduled to begin a little bit later Thursday evening in downtown Spokane. Brown’s event will not require tickets and doors will open at 5 p.m.
Tickets for the event at the Spokane Convention Center have sold out, but the congresswoman’s office said room may still be available.
Free tickets for the first televised candidate forum featuring the candidates vying to represent Eastern Washington in Congress will be given away on Monday.
Does better voter turnout depend on postage-paid ballots, or competitive races?
- U.S. Representative
- U.S. Senate
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Senate
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.