u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
The event will compete with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers’ annual town hall, which is scheduled to begin a little bit later Thursday evening in downtown Spokane. Brown’s event will not require tickets and doors will open at 5 p.m.
Tickets for the event at the Spokane Convention Center have sold out, but the congresswoman’s office said room may still be available.
Free tickets for the first televised candidate forum featuring the candidates vying to represent Eastern Washington in Congress will be given away on Monday.
Does better voter turnout depend on postage-paid ballots, or competitive races?
A gun-control initiative should not go on the November ballot because the petitions that some 378,000 voters signed were not readable, a Thurston County Superior Court judge said.
Ferry County officials left ballots in drop boxes in four outlying communities for more than a week after the election.
Analysis: Late ballots swing to Cathy McMorris Rodgers throughout district, Spokane County in race against Lisa Brown
A lead of 600 votes on election night has blossomed to nearly 7,000 district-wide for the congresswoman, who has once again proved the adage correct that Republicans vote later than Democrats in Washington state. Is it due to historical trends, or the negative ads that aired during the primary season?
The ad charges that Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers hasn’t stood up to the Trump administration on the divisive “zero tolerance” policy that has led to children being separated from their families. The congresswoman has condemned the policy publicly and supported legislative efforts to end separations that have so far proven unsucessful in Congress.
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers lengthened her lead over Democrat Lisa Brown Friday as the ballot count continued in Washington’s 5th Congressional District primary.
The free event will be part of the Northwest Passages Book Club’s Pints and Politics series, which has previously featured Gov. Jay Inslee and candidates for Spokane City Council and school board.
- U.S. Representative
- U.S. Senate
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Senate
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.