u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
The four dams on the Lower Snake River are in no danger of going away. At least not at the hands of congressional candidates for Eastern Washington.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Lisa Brown both report big gains in campaign dollars.
Supporters of an anti-tax initiative say they fear a local tax on food would hurt working families, even though they concede that no city or county in Washington has such a tax.
Republicans praised Kavanaugh’s deference to the Constitution, while Democrats warned the pick would reverse important judicial decisions involving health care and women’s reproductive rights.
The initiatives likely to make the ballot are a small sample of those that won’t.
Three initiatives submit far more signatures than they need to qualify for the ballot, but Secretary of State Kim Wyman says one proposal’s petitions raise legal concerns.
Voters likely to be asked whether to prevent new local taxes on soda and other groceries.
Supporters of gun control initiative turn in more than 267,000 signatures.
An effort to get the Washington Supreme Court to block a proposed gun-control initiative was dismissed.
Congress is preparing to reconcile two versions of the farm bill, a sweeping piece of legislation renewed every five years that governs an array of agricultural and food assistance programs, including SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- U.S. Representative
- U.S. Senate
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Senate
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.