From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beer & Drinks
Wed., Sept. 12, 2018, 5 a.m.
- First Avenue Coffee plans grand opening
- First Avenue Coffee goes green
- updated Get coffee – and a sneak peek at The Spokesman-Review’s ‘100 Things to Do in Spokane Before You Die’ book
- MonteScarlatto Estate Winery plans to open downtown Spokane tasting room
- Summer sips: Eight cocktails to savor before summer ends
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 20, 2018, 11:36 a.m.
- Adam Hegsted’s Vital Fit Meals offers convenient, low-calorie, chef-driven dishes
- With charity ride canceled because of hurricane, Chad White eyes spring event in California
- Ruins slated to appear on Guy Fieri’s ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ in September
- Chef Spotlight: Seven questions and a recipe with Jesse Nickerson of Manito Tap House
- Sweet Frostings plans to move from Wandermere to Whitworth
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 10, 2018, 3:50 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 17, 2018, 11:53 a.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: perfecting pancit bihon
- Dorothy Dean presents: Get grilling with rosemary-ranch chicken kebabs
- Dorothy Dean presents: Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Dorothy Dean presents: Zucchini brownies so good you won’t even know they contain a vegetable
- Dorothy Dean presents: Chinese Chicken Salad serves up flavor and crunch