From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at email@example.com
Beer & Drinks
Tue., Aug. 14, 2018, 12:03 p.m.
Tue., Aug. 14, 2018, 12:05 p.m.
- North Hill on Garland preps for September opening
- Air date, viewing party changed for Waddell’s appearance on Guy Fieri’s ‘Triple D Nation’
- Food truck frenzy: What to eat when the food trucks park in downtown Spokane
- Logan Tavern brings a neighborhood vibe to former Bulldog building
- National Lentil Festival celebrates 30 years
Tue., Aug. 14, 2018, 5:08 p.m.
Mon., Aug. 13, 2018, 3 p.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: watermelon daiquiris to beat the heat
- Dorothy Dean Presents: Rhubarb-basil cocktail is refreshing and pretty
- Dorothy Dean presents: Chinese Chicken Salad serves up flavor and crunch
- Dorothy Dean presents: Lemon-Blueberry Poppy Seed Cake serves up a slice of sunshine
- Dorothy Dean presents: Strawberry crostini celebrates the season’s flavors