From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beer & Drinks
Wed., Sept. 12, 2018, 5 a.m.
- Tickets on sale now for Spokane River Water to Wine
- Get coffee – and a sneak peek at The Spokesman-Review’s ‘100 Things to Do in Spokane Before You Die’ book
- First Avenue Coffee goes green
- MonteScarlatto Estate Winery plans to open downtown Spokane tasting room
- Local Warriors: New family-owned Spokane distillery highlights flavors of Palouse grains in vodka, gin
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 24, 2018, 11:36 a.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 10, 2018, 3:50 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 24, 2018, 5 p.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: Strawberry-Poppy Seed Salad
- Dorothy Dean presents: perfecting pancit bihon
- Dorothy Dean presents: Get grilling with rosemary-ranch chicken kebabs
- Dorothy Dean presents: Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Dorothy Dean presents: Zucchini brownies so good you won’t even know they contain a vegetable