From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beer & Drinks
UPDATED: Fri., Sept. 28, 2018, 1:19 p.m.
- On Tap: Freshtival celebrates fresh hops with brews from around the region
- Indaba celebrates grand opening of latest location with half-price drinks Saturday
- On Tap: Local breweries getting fresh
- Tickets on sale now for Spokane River Water to Wine
- MonteScarlatto Estate Winery plans to open downtown Spokane tasting room
Tue., Oct. 9, 2018, 5 p.m.
- Spokane makes list of 2018 Best Foodie Cities in America
- In-the-box thinking: Spokane couple pitches flame-resistant, fold-able Bear Bowls on season premiere of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sonrisa celebrates new liquor license with free tacos
- Tickets for the 2019 Crave Food and Drink Celebration are slated to go on sale Dec. 1
- New Spokane bread baker launches Go Fund Me campaign
Tue., Sept. 25, 2018, noon
Tue., Oct. 9, 2018
- Dorothy Dean presents: Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
- Dorothy Dean presents: Blue cheese stuffed burgers with Buffalo wing mayo
- Dorothy Dean presents: Get grilling with rosemary-ranch chicken kebabs
- Dorothy Dean presents: Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Dorothy Dean presents: Zucchini brownies so good you won’t even know they contain a vegetable