From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at email@example.com
Beer & Drinks
UPDATED: Wed., June 13, 2018, 4:59 p.m.
- Chef Adam Hegsted teams up with Maryhill Winery for 12-course Chef and Somm dinner
- Spokane Sonic among drive-in locations offering pickle juice slush
- On Tap: Iron Goat celebrates sixth with a mix of joy and sorrow
- Dollar Long Island Iced Teas are back at Applebee’s
- ‘Raiiiiii-nieeeeeer-beeeeeer’: Rainier’s vintage TV ads tapped Northwest fans
Tue., June 19, 2018, 6 a.m.
- new Inland Pacific Kitchen is offering an all-vegan menu through the end of the month
- Clover unveils summer menu
- Spokane might be up for another serving of Guy Fieri
- Patio season: Where to go for outdoor happy hour in and around Spokane
- Burger fans have through July to cast their votes in the national Blended Burger Project
UPDATED: Wed., May 30, 2018, 10:19 a.m.
- Personal Foodstory: Big Al’s Wild Game Dinner
- On the menu: Clover’s Creamsicle cupcakes pack creamy, dreamy, tangy orange-and-vanilla punch
- To market, to market: farmers markets open for season throughout Inland Northwest
- LINC Foods offers weekly CSA box
- Whistle Punk Brewing shares popular pub mix recipe
Mon., June 18, 2018, 1:50 p.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: Garlicky gyoza, or Japanese dumplings, pack plenty of flavor
- Dorothy Dean presents: Strawberry crostini celebrates the season’s flavors
- Dorothy Dean presents: Filipino-style barbecue chicken
- Dorothy Dean presents: sweet potato fries with chipotle-lime aioli
- Dorothy Dean presents: perfect pavlova