From 1935 to 1983, Dorothy Dean was the face of The Spokesman-Review's Home Economics department, publishing recipes, operating a test kitchen and fielding thousands of telephone calls from cooks.
Each week we re-publish some classic recipes from our archives. If you'd like to contact our food writer, contact us at email@example.com
Beer & Drinks
UPDATED: Fri., June 22, 2018, 5:49 p.m.
- Whiskey tariffs hurting Dry Fly Distilling’s international sales
- Chef Adam Hegsted teams up with Maryhill Winery for 12-course Chef and Somm dinner
- Orlison Brewing will cease producing its own beer and shutter downtown taproom
- Northwest Wine: Pinot gris a refreshing Northwest white wine
- On Tap: Iron Goat celebrates sixth with a mix of joy and sorrow
UPDATED: Wed., June 20, 2018, 10:32 a.m.
- Savor the sweetness: Adam Hegsted’s new Honey celebrates favorite, natural, local ingredient
- Two pizza places top the country’s fastest-growing restaurant chains – and Spokane is home to both of them
- Spokane might be up for another serving of Guy Fieri
- Inland Pacific Kitchen is offering an all-vegan menu through the end of the month
- Burger fans have through July to cast their votes in the national Blended Burger Project
UPDATED: Wed., May 30, 2018, 10:19 a.m.
- Personal Foodstory: Big Al’s Wild Game Dinner
- On the menu: Clover’s Creamsicle cupcakes pack creamy, dreamy, tangy orange-and-vanilla punch
- Five essential pans to use for baking and so much more
- To market, to market: farmers markets open for season throughout Inland Northwest
- LINC Foods offers weekly CSA box
Mon., June 18, 2018, 1:50 p.m.
- Dorothy Dean presents: Garlicky gyoza, or Japanese dumplings, pack plenty of flavor
- Dorothy Dean presents: Strawberry crostini celebrates the season’s flavors
- Dorothy Dean presents: Filipino-style barbecue chicken
- Dorothy Dean presents: sweet potato fries with chipotle-lime aioli
- Dorothy Dean presents: perfect pavlova