Arrow-right Camera
Photo galleries

Carr Electric is closing

Carr Sales, a brightly lit icon on First Avenue between Monroe and Lincoln streets, began as a hardware store in the Fisher building in 1929. Fifteen years alter, Don Barnett bought the store and transformed into an electric supply distributor. In 1971, Don’s son Rod Barnett took over the family business, armed with business and law degrees from Gonzaga University.