Luigi’s Italian Restaurant

The 1921 Salvation Army Building doubled as a single-occupancy hotel originally. (Spokane preservation office)

The 1921 Salvation Army Building doubled as a single-occupancy hotel originally. (Spokane preservation office)

Excellent exterior integrity

The 1921 Salvation Army Building served itinerant men and boys for 60 years and doubled as the single-occupancy Red Shield Hotel. Now serving Italian food, Luigi’s offers a long menu with lots of choices, including cioppino and smoked salmon lasagna. The restaurant also has a lengthy list of wines by the glass, including Spokane selections.

Source: Historic register, Luigi’s website

Directions to the next stop: Longbotham Building

© Google • Open in Maps 0.1 mi away

1

Head east on W Main Ave toward N Browne St

Destination will be on the left