Rocket Bakery

The Eldridge Building was part of Spokane's original auto row on West First Avenue. The Rocket Bakery is now in part of the ground floor. (Mike Prager)

The Eldridge Building was part of Spokane's original auto row on West First Avenue. The Rocket Bakery is now in part of the ground floor. (Mike Prager)

1925 Buick dealership

The Eldridge Building at First and Cedar is a great example of commercial architecture and the automobile business. Built in 1925, the building was part of Spokane’s original auto row on First. It was designed by noted architect G. Albin Pehrson. The Rocket Bakery offers breakfast or lunch fare, coffee and other drinks and has a great selection of wine for sale.

Another Rocket Bakery outlet located in the 1905 Holly-Mason Building, 157 S. Howard, is a Renaissance-inspired brick building with intricate terra cotta detail work. It is named after the historic hardware company that originally occupied it. The renovated building was used as a temporary home for Lewis & Clark High School during renovation of the high school.

Source: Historic register

The Holley-Mason is a magnificent structure with a Rocket Bakery. (Mike Prager)