A project to restore the entry to Spokane’s dramatic county Courthouse was completed earlier this year. The work includes an ADA-accessible sidewalk, which maintains the early-day steps with granite railing. The 1895 French Renaissance building was designed by acclaimed Spokane architect Willis Ritchie, who also designed the Old Capitol Building in Olympia and the Jefferson County Courthouse in Port Townsend, Wash.
Nearly $3 million has been spent to restore the soaring main tower atop the entrance along with other structural improvements. The main floor has also undergone restoration. Entry is through a security station with metal detector.
Source: Spokane County, Spokesman-Review
Directions to the next stop: Public Health Building
472 ft away
Head west on W Broadway toward N Madison St
Take the 1st left onto N Madison St
Turn right onto W College Ave