UPDATED: Fri., July 13, 2018, 12:25 p.m.
Cannabis in Washington
UPDATED: Tue., April 18, 2017, 3:04 p.m.
- A big thing marijuana opponents warned you about is definitely not happening
- Doctors once treated alcoholism with heroin. Now, they want to treat heroin addiction with marijuana.
- Doug Clark: Spokane’s Cip Paulsen has gone from busted cocaine kingpin to legalized marijuana magnate
- Marijuana farmers, including Spokane City Council member, hinge hopes on harvest
- Marijuana archives
National pot news
UPDATED: Fri., Jan. 5, 2018, 2:14 p.m.
- Pot industry frets, then shrugs off Sessions’ new policy
- Recreational pot dispensary offers drive-thru in Las Vegas
- Wildfires scorched marijuana crops, possibly complicating California’s rollout of legal sales
- Alaska communities weigh pot bans 3 years after legalization
- Legal loophole in D.C. creates bizarre pot bazaar
Pot advocates celebrated the culmination of a yearslong effort to ease restrictions on the use of cannabis last month when nearly 60 percent of Oklahoma voters approved medical marijuana.
The agency overseeing Oregon’s legal medical marijuana industry conceded in a report Thursday it has not provided effective oversight of growers and others in the industry, creating opportunities for weed to be diverted to the black market.
When Patrick Seifert learned 22 U.S. veterans were committing suicide daily, it changed his world and inspired him to do more.
There’s nothing like water to relax you.
Getting drunk and playing with a gun is a bad idea, as is taking too many pain pills and then deciding to go hunting.
One of the challenges with those trying to regulate Washington’s legal cannabis marketplace or those being regulated by it is that it’s distinctly different than many other industries.
The team at Fire House Productions describes their business as “flying under the radar” for the last few years.
A Canadian man who leased helicopters and used them to run a cross-border drug-shipping empire, helping meet the American West’s appetite for high-grade marijuana before states began legalizing the drug, has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
Marijuana will be legal nationwide in Canada starting Oct. 17 in a move that should take market share away from organized crime and protect the country’s youth, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Wednesday.
Colorado’s governor on Monday vetoed a bill to allow marijuana retailers to set up “tasting rooms,” dashing hopes that the state would be the first to adopt a system letting consumers use marijuana in public spaces.
An alarming increase in the use of a highly toxic and banned pesticide at illegal marijuana farms hidden on public land in California is leading U.S. and state officials to team up on an issue that recently divided them: pot.
U.S. health officials are urging states to regulate marijuana oil extracts after investigating a rash of illnesses tied to the products in Utah.
Cannabis growers looking to save money can start by looking at their lighting.
Katrina and Rob McKinley have heard plenty of the rumors over the years.
Many marijuana users report that one of the more enjoyable side effects is a big boost to one’s sense of humor – you’re likely to find more things funny, including your own jokes.
Many of us have faced a familiar temptation. Following a spirited night of drinking, we can’t sleep. So we look in the medicine cabinet for something to help us nod off.
A glut of legal marijuana is driving Oregon pot prices to rock-bottom levels, prompting some nervous growers to start pivoting to another type of cannabis to make ends meet – one that doesn’t come with a high.
A new report finds that legalizing and taxing marijuana boosts revenue for state and local governments, but not by much.
A low unemployment rate and the spreading legalization of marijuana have led many businesses to rethink their drug testing policies for the first time in decades. A small but increasing number are simply no longer testing for pot.
Once again, efforts to make medical marijuana legal in Idaho have collapsed.
Most read stories
- New Costco store opens Friday north of Spokane with more workers, more floorspace and a roundabout …
- Nearly 800 homes evacuated as wildfire engulfs home north of Upriver Drive …
- Settlement could lead to Bunker Hill reopening, new mining jobs in the Silver Valley …
- Evacuated residents return to homes as crews mop up fire on Beacon Hill …
- Serious consequences when parents favor one child …