Tell us about Tremors -- Silverwood Photo Contest
• All submitted photos and essays are subject to approval by officials from either Silverwood Theme Park or The Spokesman-Review prior to posting. Submissions that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy will be deleted. For more information read The Spokesman-Review’s full forum standards and community guidelines.
• Submissions can be uploaded through this site and will be displayed at www.spokane7.com and at www.silverwoodthemepark.com. Images must be in a jpg format. Photos sent through the U.S. Postal Service will not be accepted or returned as this is an online contest only.
• Up to 10 photos can be submitted per family. The number of photos submitted will not increase
chances of winning.
• Submitters must be at least age 18. Current employees of Silverwood Theme Park and The Spokesman- Review/Cowles Company and their family are welcome to submit photos or essays but won’t be considered for prizes.
• Silverwood Theme Park may consider using any of the submitted photos or essays in upcoming
promotions. By accepting these rules, photo submitters grant The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood permission to use their likeness and everyone recognizable in their photos in any and all of its publications, including its web site, TV and other promotions without payment or any other consideration. Contestants must own or have permission to use any uploaded images.
• Contestants hereby irrevocably authorizes The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo for purposes of publicizing The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood programs or for any other lawful purpose.
• In addition, the contestant waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein their likeness appears. The contestant waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph, and releases The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood, their agents and/or assignees from any and all claims from damages of any kind based on the use of said photographs.
• The contest runs from 8 a.m. My 5, 2014, until 5 p.m. Aug. 15, 2014. Winners will be selected by a select panel of employees from Silverwood Theme Park and The Spokesman-Review with training in photography, visual design and/or marketing. Photos will be judged on how closely they adhere to set guidelines for this contest, including that it have been taken at Silverwood Theme Park and features Tremors roller coaster, either by the sender or an official photo purchased in the park. Judges’ decisions can also be influenced by quality and composition of the photograph, along with caption information about what makes that particular photo unique and memorable.
• Selection will take place in early August, 2014 Silverwood Theme Park reserves the rights to award additional prizes as honorable mention, using the same standards of quality for the top entries.
• Winners will be notified by email and phone. Non-cash prizes not redeemable for cash. Prize winner is responsible for all taxes and additional expenses incurred in acceptance of prizes. Winners of the contest will either have until the end of the 2014 season to redeem their prizes, or in the case of the 2015 pass winner, can be used in the 2015 season.
• No purchase is necessary.
• A complete list of winners will be available for 10 days after the end of the contest, and be requested by sending a request to The Spokesman-Review, 999 W. Riverside, Spokane WA, 99201 attn: SILVERWOOD TREMORS PHOTO CONTEST 2014.
• All federal, state and local regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
• For additional rules or contest questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org