UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 4:15 p.m.
- Freeman community is pulling together after tragedy
- updated Second woman, man suspected of snatching purse belonging to Freeman High School parent arrested
- updated Man fires at Spokane County deputies during traffic stop in Mead
- Missing VA laptop may affect health privacy of of 3,275 Spokane veterans
- One of two suspected purse snatchers still being sought after Freeman shooting
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11 p.m.
- Firefighting drones to assist Spokane police on investigations of fatal car crashes
- Spokane County commissioners deadlock on appointment of third Republican colleague, give decision to Democratic governor
- Spokane Valley Fire roundup: Burn ban still in effect; includes backyard camp fires
- CdA’s political waters calm, as mayor, council go uncontested in November
- Spokane Valley residents weigh in on parent’s right to refuse vaccination for their kids
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 3:14 p.m.
- Rosauers employee takes third in state grocery bagging competition
- Gamma Knife sues former Deaconess owner, alleging more than $500,000 in missed payments
- Front & Center: Salvager helps aircraft mechanics, pilots land the right part
- Battle of the Baggers: Rosauers employee to test skills, speed at state competition
- Name of worker killed at North Idaho mill last week released
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 3:55 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 7:53 p.m.
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 10:15 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 6 a.m.
- updated Police: Craigslist attacker intended to become serial killer
- Strong economy takes state revenue forecast up $288 million
- New Seattle mayor will stick to police body camera plan
- updated FBI investigates off-duty work by Seattle police officers
- Weyerhaeuser mansion sold to nonprofit for nearly $5.9 million
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11:02 p.m.
- updated Washington, Idaho could see losses under new Senate health care bill
- updated Former state employee contends sexual, racial harassment
- Idaho opts into national public safety broadband network
- Pocatello, with its ridiculed flag, unveils new design
- North Idaho man rescued 2 days after car plunges down ravine
Spin Control: Study finds possible cases of ballot fraud, but not in the numbers Trump’s looking for
Sun., Sept. 17, 2017
- Council candidate, civic leader Scott Campbell dies
- Washington, Idaho lawmakers waiting for details of DACA ‘deal’
- Child porn conviction upheld in youth sexting case
- AP, Spokesman-Review, other media sue for info from Washington state lawmakers
- Spin Control: Facts secondary in jousting over special session and Amazon
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 18, 2017, 11:03 p.m.
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 13, 2017, 7:35 p.m.
- United Way starts fund for Freeman community in aftermath of shooting
- Washington requires students, staff to train monthly for emergencies
- Kids needs reassurance, empathy after Freeman High School shooting
- Reykdal: As parent and schools chief, shootings something you dread
- With heat and smoke blanketing region Spokane-area schools crank up the AC
Thu., Sept. 7, 2017, 5 a.m.
- SCC president resigns, eyeing top jobs at other schools
- EWU and Microsoft join forces on new degree program
- WSU students stage sit-in at administration building, issue list of demands
- University of Idaho research may slow antibiotic resistance to drugs
- State study says it will cost $125,000 a year to educate WSU medical students
Mon., Sept. 18, 2017, 5 p.m.
- FDA OKs Glaxo’s inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines
- People’s Pharmacy: Is the anticoagulant Xarelto affected by grapefruit?
- Idaho hospital giant denies conflict of interest concerns
- No sole factor in cluster of fatal birth defects
- There’s a life-saving lung scan for smokers. So why are so few of them getting it?
Science & Tech
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 8:38 a.m.
- Facebook tightens ad policies after ‘Jew-hater’ fiasco
- As visitors watch, Burke Museum preps its T. rex exhibit
- Front Porch: Pettit answers smartphone challenge
- Toshiba board decides on chip sale to Bain Capital group
- After massive Equifax breach, N.Y. attorney general presses TransUnion, Experian for details
UPDATED: Mon., Aug. 14, 2017, 10:06 a.m.
- First medical marijuana dispensary opening in Hawaii
- Sessions raises concerns over Washington’s pot legalization
- Potheads don’t stress easily, say WSU researchers
- Pot Puzzle: In Washington state, it’s a checkerboard of marijuana rules and regulations
- Despite serious opioid crisis, research on medical marijuana remains stifled by federal rules
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11:07 p.m.
- Many “ifs” about a North Korean nuclear strike, but effects would be devastating
- On the line: A firsthand account of the Korean Demilitarized Zone
- KC-135 training missions on Tuesday had massive plane flying low over Spokane
- Veterans group sues Pentagon for not protecting private military records of millions of troops
- Timeline of conflict: creation of the modern Koreas
Shawn Vestal: Feds retreat from police reforms leaves Spokane without confirmation of major progress
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017
- 100 years ago today in Spokane: Bankers’ banquet draws wartime critique
- Front Porch: Pettit answers smartphone challenge
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Lewis and Clark student runs away to join Canadian military after Mom forbids him to enlist in U.S. Army
- Vietnam vets remember things that sometimes get missed
- 100 years ago in Spokane: For one family, war touches a generation
Thu., Sept. 7, 2017, 10:06 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 6:55 p.m.
- Alan Liere’s Fishing-Hunting Report for Sept. 21
- Weekend weather: Showers give way to mostly sunny skies
- Deer feeding ban eyed in Bellingham, where blacktails are making neighborhoods home
- Fund started toward rebuilding Glacier Park's burned Sperry Chalet
- Brothers score 13th win in federal Duck Stamp art contest