Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 10:06 a.m.
- One of two suspected purse snatchers still being sought after Freeman shooting
- Missing VA laptop may affect health privacy of of 3,275 Spokane veterans
- Man fires at Spokane County deputies during traffic stop in Mead
- Federal prosecutors finish case against former sheriff’s deputy in $650,000 fraud trial
- Accused Freeman High School shooter pleads not guilty
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11 p.m.
- Firefighting drones to assist Spokane police on investigations of fatal car crashes
- Spokane County commissioners deadlock on appointment of third Republican colleague, give decision to Democratic governor
- Spokane Valley Fire roundup: Burn ban still in effect; includes backyard camp fires
- CdA’s political waters calm, as mayor, council go uncontested in November
- Spokane Valley residents weigh in on parent’s right to refuse vaccination for their kids
Sun., Sept. 17, 2017
Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 12:01 p.m.
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 7:50 a.m.
- new Weiner’s sexting case could result in prison time
- new Trump says decision made on Iran deal, won’t say what it is
- new Crime or constitutional rights? Can police give up policing duties to traffic cameras?
- new Equifax may be happy to spend $1 per customer for their trouble
- FEMA isn’t relying on trailers to house hurricane victims
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 7:49 a.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 6 a.m.
- new 25% pay raise for Olympia’s elected officials gets commission OK
- new Border patrol arrests men at Washington state crossing
- States expand investigation of opioid makers, distributors
- Walmart to offer extra holiday hours for current workers
- new Alexa, what do you see? Amazon said to be working on glasses
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11:02 p.m.
- new Idaho opts into national public safety broadband network
- new Pocatello, with its ridiculed flag, unveils new design
- new North Idaho man rescued 2 days after car plunges down ravine
- updated Former Idaho coroner may have stored bodies in his truck, his successor says
- Post Falls inventor returns to ‘Ellen,’ meets his hero, Tim Cook
Spin Control: Study finds possible cases of ballot fraud, but not in the numbers Trump’s looking for
Sun., Sept. 17, 2017
- Council candidate, civic leader Scott Campbell dies
- Washington, Idaho lawmakers waiting for details of DACA ‘deal’
- Child porn conviction upheld in youth sexting case
- AP, Spokesman-Review, other media sue for info from Washington state lawmakers
- Spin Control: Facts secondary in jousting over special session and Amazon
UPDATED: Mon., Sept. 18, 2017, 11:03 p.m.
UPDATED: Wed., Sept. 13, 2017, 7:35 p.m.
- United Way starts fund for Freeman community in aftermath of shooting
- Washington requires students, staff to train monthly for emergencies
- Kids needs reassurance, empathy after Freeman High School shooting
- Reykdal: As parent and schools chief, shootings something you dread
- With heat and smoke blanketing region Spokane-area schools crank up the AC
Thu., Sept. 7, 2017, 5 a.m.
- SCC president resigns, eyeing top jobs at other schools
- EWU and Microsoft join forces on new degree program
- WSU students stage sit-in at administration building, issue list of demands
- University of Idaho research may slow antibiotic resistance to drugs
- State study says it will cost $125,000 a year to educate WSU medical students
Mon., Sept. 18, 2017, 5 p.m.
- FDA OKs Glaxo’s inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines
- People’s Pharmacy: Is the anticoagulant Xarelto affected by grapefruit?
- Idaho hospital giant denies conflict of interest concerns
- No sole factor in cluster of fatal birth defects
- There’s a life-saving lung scan for smokers. So why are so few of them getting it?
Science & Tech
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 6 a.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Aug. 14, 2017, 10:06 a.m.
- First medical marijuana dispensary opening in Hawaii
- Sessions raises concerns over Washington’s pot legalization
- Potheads don’t stress easily, say WSU researchers
- Pot Puzzle: In Washington state, it’s a checkerboard of marijuana rules and regulations
- Despite serious opioid crisis, research on medical marijuana remains stifled by federal rules
UPDATED: Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 11:07 p.m.
- Many “ifs” about a North Korean nuclear strike, but effects would be devastating
- On the line: A firsthand account of the Korean Demilitarized Zone
- KC-135 training missions on Tuesday had massive plane flying low over Spokane
- Veterans group sues Pentagon for not protecting private military records of millions of troops
- Timeline of conflict: creation of the modern Koreas
Shawn Vestal: Feds retreat from police reforms leaves Spokane without confirmation of major progress
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017
- 100 years ago today in Spokane: Bankers’ banquet draws wartime critique
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Lewis and Clark student runs away to join Canadian military after Mom forbids him to enlist in U.S. Army
- Vietnam vets remember things that sometimes get missed
- 100 years ago in Spokane: For one family, war touches a generation
- Sue Lani Madsen: Health care shifting toward individualization; coverage should as well
Thu., Sept. 7, 2017, 10:06 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 7:12 a.m.