Don’t let relatives or friends get lazy, trash your house, empty your refrigerator and fry your patience when they visit during summer vacations. Get them out:
• Biking paved trails, such as Fish Lake, Centennial and Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes
• Inner tubing Spokane or North Fork of Coeur d’Alene rivers
• Picking berries near Priest or Sullivan lakes or Lookout Pass
• Day hiking to the top of Mount Spokane or through Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge
• Stand-up paddle boarding on any of the many area lakes with rentals available from stores like REI and Mountain Gear
• Paddling canoes or kayaks down the Little Spokane River
• Rafting Clark Fork River whitewater through Alberton Gorge
• Climbing at Sheilds Park (Minnehaha Rocks)
• Fly fishing the St. Joe River
• Shooting sporting clays at Double Barrel Ranch
• Photgraphing mountain goats on Scotchman Peak
• Spokane Parks and Recreation offers kayak, canoe and paddle board trips on area rivers and lakes from $29-$50 per person. Contact: (509) 363-5418, email email@example.com.
• ROW Adventures offers a splashy one-day whitewater rafting trip through the Alberton Gorge area of the Clark Fork River at $79-$96 per person. Contact: (208) 765-0841.
• Kayak Coeur d’Alene rents kayaks and paddle boards and delivers the vessels free for renters to the north shore of Lake Coeur d’Alene. Contact: (208) 676-1533.
Most recent column
Snowmobiles and other over-snow vehicles eventually will be allowed to ride only on roads, trails and areas specifically designated for their use, according to a rule being adopted by the U.S. Forest Service. The policy for managing over-snow vehicles on national forests and grasslands was …
Recent blog posts
PREDATORS -- Montana hunters and trappers aren't killing enough wolves to keep the population down to state management goals. So... Montana hunters, trappers may now export wolf pelts In order ...
WILDLIFE WATCHING -- My first reaction to seeing this trail-side video is OMG -- look at the power! Second reaction: Wouldn't it be a rush to go skijoring with a ...