The boat, RV and sportsmen’s show season is underway, giving outdoor enthusiasts a chance to see the latest products from manufacturers and make deals. Some of the shows feature seminars on sporting techniques.
Following is a regional list of top upcoming shows:
• Tri-Cities Sportsmen Show, Jan. 17-19 at the TRAC in Pasco; shuylerproductions.com.
• Inland Northwest RV Show, Jan 23-26, at Spokane County Fair and Expo Center. Info: (509) 466-4256; spokanervshow.com.
• Washington Sportsmen’s Show, Jan. 22-26, at Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup, sponsored by O’Loughlin Shows. Info: (503) 246-8291; thesportshows.com.
• Seattle Boat Show, Jan. 24-Feb. 2, at CenturyLink Field and on the water at South Lake Union; seattleboatshow.com.
• Spokane National Boat Show (58th annual), Jan. 31-Feb. 9 at Spokane County Fair and Expo Center.
A boating safety class – required for everyone 59 and younger in order to operate a power boat in Washington this year – also is scheduled. Register in advance and get free admission to the show. The eight-hour course is taught in two-hour sessions starting at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 3-6. Sign up and get materials at West Marine, 5306 E, Sprague Ave., 533-5532. Cost, including Boat Show admission, $48 or $73 for two family members; spokaneboatshow.com.
• Central Washington Sportsmen Show, Feb. 14-16 at the Sundome in Yakima; shuylerproductions.com.
• Muzzleloading Arms & Pioneer Craft Show, Feb. 15-16, presented by Mountain Top Trading, Kootenai County Fairgrounds. Info: (509) 397-4447.
• Wenatchee Valley Sportsmen Show, Feb. 21-23, Town Toyota Center in Wenatchee; shuylerproductions.com.
• Big Horn Outdoor Adventure Show, March 20-23, Spokane County Fair and Expo Center. The 54th annual event is sponsored by Inland Northwest Wildlife Council. Info: (509) 487-8552; wildlifecouncil.com.
• North Idaho Sportsman’s Expo, RV & Boat Show, May 16-18, at Kootenai County Fairgrounds. Info: (208) 765-4969; nidse.com.
• Washington Fly Fishing Fair, May 3-4, presented by the Washington Federation of Fly Fishers at the Event Center-Fairgrounds, Ellensburg. Info: washingtoncouncilfff.org
Most recent column
No feelings are hurt when I offer kisses, hugs or, at the least, heartfelt gratitude before gathering the Christmas morning loot in a bag and heading back to the stores to get stuff I really need. For convenience, my family sometimes includes the return receipts …
Recent blog posts
CAMPING -- Just about every outdoor park and forest in North America that has bears requires bear-resistant camping methods. But even in the wake of having to kill eight bears ...
WILDLIFE WATCHING -- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Consider wildlife one of your most special gifts.