September 3, 2015
Today’s headlines Archives
A variety of bats, mostly big brown bats, died after being trapped in the chimney of a wood stove in a rarely used cabin. Uncapped chimneys – and roofing projects – pose danger to bats.
Nov. 28, 2010 in Outdoors on Page C13
A wood-burning stove in a rarely used cabin could be a death trap to bats. Lance Lerum of the U.S. Forest Service in Oregon recently discovered a large number of …
Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.
You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.
Print edition home delivery
Online premium • RSS feeds
999 W. Riverside, Spokane, WA 99201
P.O. Box 2160, Spokane, WA 99210
Main switchboard: (509) 459-5000 • (800) 338-8801
Newsroom: (509) 459-5400 • (800) 789-0029
Customer service: (800) 338-8801