August 1936: Spokanites bid farewell to the old streetcars owned by Spokane United Railways in a downtown parade. The last car in line, No. 202, was cremated at Natatorium Park following the parade, ending an era in city transportation.
Jan. 9, 2012 in City on Page A5
The streetcar parade of 1936 marked the end of an era and showed that Spokane held its lumbering streetcars in great affection even as the public bus, more versatile and …