This unidentified couple share a picnic at Natatorium Park in 1904. “Nat Park” as everyone called it, was located along the Spokane River below the modern-day West Central Neighborhood. In the early 1900s it was famous for its picnic grounds, reached for 5 cents on the West Boone Avenue street car. The park was also known for its swimming pool built along the river and would, in 1909, become home to the now famous Looff Carrousel (now at Riverfront Park). Nat Park closed in 1968, and Sans Souci West, a housing community, is on the land where Nat Park once drew thousands of people on warm weekends.